[Sehefac] Fwd: Teachers! Educators! Support Requested - Mead Valley Warehouse Boundary

dana.simmons at ucr.edu dana.simmons at ucr.edu
Thu Oct 1 23:00:29 PDT 2026


Hello SEHE friends,
Please see the call to action below regarding Riverside County policy on
warehouse development in Mead Valley. Thank you!
Dana

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Tatiana Flores <tatiana.f at ccaej.org>
Date: Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 3:04 PM
Subject: Re: Teachers! Educators! Support Requested - Mead Valley Warehouse
Boundary
To: Karla Cervantes <karla.cervantes at sierraclub.org>


Hello!

Hope you all had a restful weekend. I am reaching out to share an update--
the County of Riverside's Planning Commission held a public hearing on the
warehouse boundary (that I discussed with some of you) on Wednesday,
September 23rd. Community members were present to share their concerns
about additional industrial development for various reasons. The Planning
Commission motioned to table the decision for the warehouse boundary for
their meeting on October 21st.

Therefore, there is still time to write a letter opposing this boundary! I
am really hoping to get teachers, educators, and people who work with youth
to join me in fighting for diversification in opportunities. If you have
any questions, please let me know!

Thank you to those who have submitted letters already!

Best,
Tatiana M. Flores (she/her/ella), Organizer
Center for Community Action and Environmental Justice
Centro de Acción Comunitaria y Justicia Ambiental
E: tatiana.f at ccaej.org | W: https://www.ccaej.org



On Fri, Sep 18, 2026 at 3:11 PM Tatiana Flores <tatiana.f at ccaej.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>
> My name is Tatiana Flores, I am an organizer with the Center for Community
> Action and Environmental Justice and a Moreno Valley resident!
>
> I am reaching out to you today to follow up in asking for your support in
> expressing concern over development occurring in Mead Valley. Since I
> graduated from Citrus Hill High School back in 2020, Mead Valley has slowly
> become inundated with warehousing as you may be familiar, which has
> resulted in worsening air quality and traffic concerns on major roads like
> Cajalco. District 1 County Supervisor, Jose Medina, has introduced a warehouse
> boundary
> <https://planning.rctlma.org/mead-valley-warehouse-boundary#2741959481-396418518>
> that will be included in the Mead Valley Area Plan (MVAP) as an update.
> This opens up almost ⅓ of the entire Mead Valley area to warehousing.
>
> https://planning.rctlma.org/planning-commission-meetings
>
> The reason I am reaching out to teachers in the County is because I have
> been advocating for development that will diversify the economy and bring
> in higher paying and skilled jobs so that youth in the area have
> opportunities in their own communities (along with other grassroots
> organizations in the area: including Mead Valley Clean Air Coalition and
> Inland Valley Alliance for Environmental Justice). Many youth that grow up
> in the Inland Empire often leave/commute out of the region for job
> opportunities and to pursue their academic interests. I, myself, left the
> region to pursue my bachelors degree and have only recently returned.
> Teachers are fundamental in advocating for better programs, education, and
> resources for their students. It is also highly documented and researched
> that students learn best when they are in a clean and safe environment.
>
> I hope that you will consider sending a letter to the Planning
> Commissioners before their meeting on Wednesday, September 23, 2026. I have
> a quick draft here
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-0iprX8PzfXr3ZqindQFTD5cCoQ2EFzRN7xKPOBvqEc/edit?usp=sharing>
> that you could use as an inspo to create your own (it will be sent to
> Citrus Hill HS teachers, so don't mind the mentions of the school).
>
> Email: planninghearings at rivco.org, district1 at rivco.org
>
> If you need any support or have any questions, feel free to shoot Karla or
> me an email and of course, let me know if I could be a resource to you at
> all. I care about the youth here and want the best for students in the
> region!
>
>
> Best,
> Tatiana M. Flores (she/her/ella), Organizer
> Center for Community Action and Environmental Justice
> Centro de Acción Comunitaria y Justicia Ambiental
> E: tatiana.f at ccaej.org | W: https://www.ccaej.org
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.ucr.edu/pipermail/sehefac/attachments/20261001/43a46bcb/attachment.htm>


More information about the Sehefac mailing list