<div dir="ltr">Hello SEHE friends,<div>Please see the call to action below regarding Riverside County policy on warehouse development in Mead Valley. Thank you!</div><div>Dana<br><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">---------- Forwarded message ---------<br>From: <strong class="gmail_sendername" dir="auto">Tatiana Flores</strong> <span dir="auto"><<a href="mailto:tatiana.f@ccaej.org">tatiana.f@ccaej.org</a>></span><br>Date: Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 3:04 PM<br>Subject: Re: Teachers! Educators! Support Requested - Mead Valley Warehouse Boundary<br>To: Karla Cervantes <<a href="mailto:karla.cervantes@sierraclub.org">karla.cervantes@sierraclub.org</a>><br></div><br><br><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div>Hello!</div><div><br></div><div>Hope you all had a restful weekend. I am reaching out to share an update-- the County of Riverside's Planning Commission held a public hearing on the warehouse boundary (that I discussed with some of you) on Wednesday, September 23rd. Community members were present to share their concerns about additional industrial development for various reasons. The Planning Commission motioned to table the decision for the warehouse boundary for their meeting on October 21st.</div><div><br></div><div>Therefore, there is still time to write a letter opposing this boundary! I am really hoping to get teachers, educators, and people who work with youth to join me in fighting for diversification in opportunities. If you have any questions, please let me know!</div><div><br></div><div>Thank you to those who have submitted letters already! </div><div><br></div><div>Best,</div><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr"><div style="color:rgb(34,34,34)"><span style="color:rgb(68,68,68);font-family:"times new roman",serif">Tatiana M. Flores (she/her/ella), Organizer</span></div><div style="color:rgb(34,34,34)"><font color="#38761d" face="times new roman, serif">Center for Community Action and Environmental Justice</font></div><div style="color:rgb(34,34,34)"><font color="#38761d" face="times new roman, serif"><span style="background-color:transparent;vertical-align:baseline">Centro de Acción Comunitaria y Justicia Ambiental</span><br></font></div><div style="color:rgb(34,34,34)"><font color="#444444" face="times new roman, serif">E: <a href="mailto:tatiana.f@ccaej.org" style="color:rgb(17,85,204)" target="_blank">tatiana.f@ccaej.org</a> | W: <a href="https://www.ccaej.org/" style="color:rgb(17,85,204)" target="_blank">https://www.ccaej.org</a></font></div><div><br></div></div></div></div><br></div><br></div><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Fri, Sep 18, 2026 at 3:11 PM Tatiana Flores <<a href="mailto:tatiana.f@ccaej.org" target="_blank">tatiana.f@ccaej.org</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr"><div><p style="line-height:1.38;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt"><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">Hello,</span></p><p style="line-height:1.38;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt"><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap"><br></span></p><p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.38;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt"><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">My name is Tatiana Flores, I am an organizer with the Center for Community Action and Environmental Justice and a Moreno Valley resident!</span></p><br><p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.38;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt"><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">I am reaching out to you today to follow up in asking for your support in expressing concern over development occurring in Mead Valley. Since I graduated from Citrus Hill High School back in 2020, Mead Valley has slowly become inundated with warehousing as you may be familiar, which has resulted in worsening air quality and traffic concerns on major roads like Cajalco. District 1 County Supervisor, Jose Medina, has introduced a </span><a href="https://planning.rctlma.org/mead-valley-warehouse-boundary#2741959481-396418518" style="text-decoration:none" target="_blank"><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;text-decoration:underline;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">warehouse boundary</span></a><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap"> that will be included in the Mead Valley Area Plan (MVAP) as an update. This opens up almost ⅓ of the entire Mead Valley area to warehousing.</span></p><br><p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.38;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt"><a href="https://planning.rctlma.org/planning-commission-meetings" style="text-decoration:none" target="_blank"><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;text-decoration:underline;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">https://planning.rctlma.org/planning-commission-meetings</span></a><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap"> </span></p><br><p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.38;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt"><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">The reason I am reaching out to teachers in the County is because I have been advocating for development that will diversify the economy and bring in higher paying and skilled jobs so that youth in the area have opportunities in their own communities (along with other grassroots organizations in the area: including Mead Valley Clean Air Coalition and Inland Valley Alliance for Environmental Justice). Many youth that grow up in the Inland Empire often leave/commute out of the region for job opportunities and to pursue their academic interests. I, myself, left the region to pursue my bachelors degree and have only recently returned. Teachers are fundamental in advocating for better programs, education, and resources for their students. It is also highly documented and researched that students learn best when they are in a clean and safe environment.</span></p><br><p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.38;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt"><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">I hope that you will consider sending a letter to the Planning Commissioners before their meeting on Wednesday, September 23, 2026. I have a quick draft <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-0iprX8PzfXr3ZqindQFTD5cCoQ2EFzRN7xKPOBvqEc/edit?usp=sharing" target="_blank">here</a> that you could use as an inspo to create your own (it will be sent to Citrus Hill HS teachers, so don't mind the mentions of the school). </span></p><br><p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.38;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt"><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">Email: </span><a href="mailto:planninghearings@rivco.org" style="text-decoration:none" target="_blank"><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;text-decoration:underline;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">planninghearings@rivco.org</span></a><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">, </span><a href="mailto:district1@rivco.org" style="text-decoration:none" target="_blank"><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;text-decoration:underline;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">district1@rivco.org</span></a><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap"> </span></p><br><p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.38;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt"><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">If you need any support or have any questions, feel free to shoot Karla or me an email and of course, let me know if I could be a resource to you at all. I care about the youth here and want the best for students in the region!</span></p><p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.38;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt"><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap"><br></span></p><p style="line-height:1.38;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt"><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;font-variant:normal;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">Best,</span></p></div><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr"><div style="color:rgb(34,34,34)"><span style="color:rgb(68,68,68);font-family:"times new roman",serif">Tatiana M. Flores (she/her/ella), Organizer</span></div><div style="color:rgb(34,34,34)"><font color="#38761d" face="times new roman, serif">Center for Community Action and Environmental Justice</font></div><div style="color:rgb(34,34,34)"><font color="#38761d" face="times new roman, serif"><span style="background-color:transparent;vertical-align:baseline">Centro de Acción Comunitaria y Justicia Ambiental</span><br></font></div><div style="color:rgb(34,34,34)"><font color="#444444" face="times new roman, serif">E: <a href="mailto:tatiana.f@ccaej.org" style="color:rgb(17,85,204)" target="_blank">tatiana.f@ccaej.org</a> | W: <a href="https://www.ccaej.org/" style="color:rgb(17,85,204)" target="_blank">https://www.ccaej.org</a></font></div><div><br></div></div></div></div></div>
</blockquote></div>
</div>
</div></div></div>