[Ying-announcements] Lab Meeting 8/26/20

Benjamin Maki benmaki1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 16:31:02 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

I hope that you are all doing well and had a good weekend all things
considered. It sounds like Sam, Danielle, and I will all not be available
for our lab meeting this week. Because of this we have decided to cancel
this week's meeting, and meet again next week instead.

In the meantime, I have created a guest speaker sign up list in our Lab
Meeting folder on our google drive. If you have anyone who you would like
to have come and speak, please add them to the list, which you can access
here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_aAX113WL6G04XO_iss7ye-uT-yOwOMccfhsyfsLPvI/edit#gid=0

Additionally, we should start trying to set up times to do our 1-on-1 DEI
intro meetings, as we discussed in our meeting last week. These will be
20-30 minute meetings where we get to know each other a bit better as we
build into our discussions on racism, diversity, and inclusion. My
suggestion is that for those who are interested to toss your name on this
google doc (
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19D-BSvWIxHkUMfBbZ45v5B3MSgE-YccyvQ3rG_kljpo/edit#gid=0)
and add in a bit about your general availability. Once we have an idea of
who will be participating, we can set up times to meet individually that
work with our schedules. I am not sure if this is the best way to go about
setting this up, so if anyone has any suggestions or alternative strategies
please let me know. I hope you all have a great week, and I look forward to
meeting at our normal time next week.

Best,
Ben