[Wellnesscommunications] Join the UCR Wellness Ambassador Committee and Inspire Positive Change!

Hung Wu hung.wu at ucr.edu
Mon Jul 17 14:27:17 PDT 2023

Dear Wellness Program Participants:
     I hope this message finds you in great health and high spirits! I am excited to announce an incredible opportunity for you to make a positive impact on the well-being of others. I am currently seeking passionate individuals like yourself to join our team as Wellness Ambassadors.
At UC Riverside, we are deeply committed to promoting holistic wellness and creating a healthier, happier community. As a Wellness Ambassador, you will play a crucial role in spreading awareness, providing support, and inspiring positive lifestyle changes among our employees/customers/members.

Why become a Wellness Ambassador?

  1.  Meaningful Impact: As a Wellness Ambassador, you will have the power to make a real difference in people's lives. By sharing your knowledge, encouraging healthy habits, and fostering a supportive environment, you will contribute to the overall well-being of our community.
  2.  Personal Growth: This opportunity offers a platform for your personal growth and development. You will have access to valuable resources, training programs, and the chance to enhance your leadership and communication skills, setting you on a path towards a fulfilling career.
  3.  Networking and Collaboration: Joining our team means becoming part of a diverse and supportive community of like-minded individuals. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with professionals from various backgrounds, exchange ideas, and build lasting connections within the UCR campus.
  4.  Rewards and Recognition: We believe in celebrating success! As a Wellness Ambassador, your efforts will be acknowledged and rewarded. You will have the chance to earn incentives, receive recognition for your achievements, and participate in our annual Wellness Ambassador Recognition Event.

Responsibilities of a Wellness Ambassador:

  *   Promote a culture of wellness by organizing events, workshops, and initiatives that educate and engage our community in healthy living practices.
  *   Act as a resource person for individuals seeking guidance on physical, nutrition, mental, career, and community well-being.
  *   Encourage and motivate others to adopt healthier habits and make positive lifestyle changes.
  *   Share informative content, articles, and resources related to wellness through various channels such as email, listservs, and social media platforms.
  *   Collaborate with the wellness ambassador team to develop and implement wellness programs, events, and initiatives tailored to the specific needs and interests of our community.

Wellness Ambassador Tier Level Participation:
                I acknowledge and understand everyone's job responsibilities and workload varies and the time commitment to be a Wellness Ambassador can be overwhelming. Below are the Wellness Ambassador tier levels, as you view them, you can choose which tier to participate in. I do not require proof of the requirements for each tier level:
Gold Tier:

  *   Communicate all wellness program initiatives, events, challenges, and activities.
  *   Participate in 90% of all wellness events, challenges, and activities.
  *   Volunteer in 2 UCR events or programs (on-campus or off-campus).
  *   Attend 90% of Wellness Ambassador meetings.
  *   Facilitate three wellness activities during departmental/team meetings in an academic/fiscal year.
Silver Tier:

  *   Communicate all wellness program initiatives, events, challenges, and activities.
  *   Participate in 70% of all wellness events, challenges, and activities.
  *   Volunteer in 1 UCR events or programs (on-campus or off-campus).
  *   Attend 70% of Wellness Ambassador meetings.
  *   Facilitate two wellness activities during departmental/team meetings in an academic/fiscal year.
  *
Bronze Tier:

  *   Communicate all wellness program initiatives, events, challenges, and activities.
  *   Participate in 50% of all wellness events, challenges, and activities.
  *   Attend 50% of Wellness Ambassador meetings.
  *   Facilitate one wellness activity during a departmental/team meeting in an academic/fiscal year.

If you are interested in becoming a Wellness Ambassador, click on the link below and complete the form OR scan the QR code to access the interest form. Thank you.
https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1RpwRHLQxGMeTsi
[cid:image002.png at 01D9B8BA.7F1E4BA0]

In Good Health,

Hung Wu, MHA
Wellness Coordinator
Human Resources | Workplace Health and Wellness | Office: (951) 827-1009 | Email: hung.wu at ucr.edu<mailto:hung.wu at ucr.edu>

UCR 2023 Wellness Health Observance Calendar and Events.xlsx<https://o365ucr.sharepoint.com/:x:/s/HumanResources/EZiTGKUSM-xKixYDxiW69WUB_29y-u6ZSgu10Wf_1-TYzw>
[cid:image001.png at 01D9B59C.65DC43C0]
UCR's Wellness Program for Faculty and Staff, collaborates with various campus partners and strives to build a healthy campus community and work environment. This is accomplished through the delivery of programs and services designed to prevent work-related injury and illness, to provide the tools and resources to improve health and well-being, and to foster a healthy work environment.

How did we do? Please take a brief moment to fill out the Human Resources Feedback Survey<http://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e2pt7pLaqWopqBL>