[Wellnesscommunications] ComPsych Summertime Resources

Hung Wu hung.wu at ucr.edu
Thu Jul 13 11:37:48 PDT 2023

Dear Wellness Program Participants:
     I hope everyone is hydrating, staying cool, and doing well. With summer in full swing, ComPsych (our Faculty/Staff EAP program) has resources, tools, and support for your mental well-being. Below are links to their summer well-being resources. Please share the information with your colleagues. A reminder, employees and any member of your household is eligible for 3 free sessions on each issue such as mental well-being, financial well-being, and legal. organizations continue to face a variety of issues.

The resource below supports National Minority Mental Health Awareness Month (July), a time intended to raise awareness of the mental health challenges that racial and ethnic minorities face.

National Minority Mental Health Awareness Month Flyer<https://emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/j90cb/9cad2055527543db160f3c6acc971725/P_2023_MinorityMentalHealthMonth.pdf>

Continuing the mental health conversation, you might be surprised to learn that exercise can have profound effects on your mental health. Click the resources below to learn about the mental benefits of exercise.

Mental Benefits of Exercise<https://emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/j90cb/4df92ed2b47f41beba3c9f9e04b4375f/Info_08_22_MentalBenefitsExcercise_EN_CA_.pdf>
Exercising Without Equipment<https://emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/j90cb/48e738679a58f413a16de18f9f1ee5f4/HS_08_22_ExercisingWithoutEquipment.pdf>
Small Steps to Get Moving<https://emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/j90cb/2e943ac365dca0cc9ac1dfed829254f2/F_08_22_SmallStepsToGetMoving.pdf>

In the resources below, we share some tips and tricks to help you make the most of your family vacation.

Family Travel Tips<https://emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/j90cb/7cbbf9f61398826a792b83f86f879345/RG_FamilyTravelTips_GRO_T.pdf>
Healthy Travel Tips<https://emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/j90cb/3924646b31dcc1eb627a8e61d1dabc83/P_07_23_HealthTravelTips_GRO_T.pdf>
Tips for Beating the Summer Sun and Heat<https://emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/j90cb/8541aa594ffead75d68c40979533a67a/F_07_23_TipsForBeatingSummer_T.pdf>

Take advantage of the articles and videos below, which explain the importance of our GuidanceResources Employee Assistance Program.

How your EAP can help: Preventing Burnout<https://emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/j90cb/336f0fb7fa7c57dd6a39104497a934b5/F_Burnout.pdf>
How your EAP can help: Easing Anxiety<https://emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/j90cb/db2b860dc0bd24ad55a328918770d59d/F_Anxiety.pdf>
What to Expect When Reaching Out Video<https://share.vidyard.com/watch/BpSFx6k8TwW9emYt2VCQsr>
Resilience in Stressful Times Video<https://share.vidyard.com/watch/1RRNfi9WyFvzvBiCmdc5Ph>

Please let me know if you have any questions on our Faculty/Staff EAP program. Thank you.

In Good Health,

Hung Wu, MHA
Wellness Coordinator
Human Resources | Workplace Health and Wellness | Office: (951) 827-1009 | Email: hung.wu at ucr.edu<mailto:hung.wu at ucr.edu>

UCR 2023 Wellness Health Observance Calendar and Events.xlsx<https://o365ucr.sharepoint.com/:x:/s/HumanResources/EZiTGKUSM-xKixYDxiW69WUB_29y-u6ZSgu10Wf_1-TYzw>
[cid:image001.png at 01D9B57D.25B5C830]
UCR's Wellness Program for Faculty and Staff, collaborates with various campus partners and strives to build a healthy campus community and work environment. This is accomplished through the delivery of programs and services designed to prevent work-related injury and illness, to provide the tools and resources to improve health and well-being, and to foster a healthy work environment.

How did we do? Please take a brief moment to fill out the Human Resources Feedback Survey<http://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e2pt7pLaqWopqBL>