[Sfts-students] Speakers in winter quarter

andré carrington andre.carrington at ucr.edu
Mon Dec 13 12:20:40 PST 2021

Greetings, everyone,

I hope the end of the quarter is treating you well. Just to keep you in the
loop, we should have three speakers lined up in Winter quarter: two authors
for the "Science Fiction And..." series we've set up with the Palm Desert
Center, in the last week of January, and we're working on a date and time
in February to stage a conversation with artist Sophia al-Maria. More
details, and possibly catchy graphics, to follow.

Happy holidays, if you're celebrating, and well wishes all around,
andré m. carrington

Associate Professor of English
Speculative Blackness: The Future of Race in Science Fiction
<https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/speculative-blackness>