[Sfts-students] group outing to see The Matrix Resurrections

Sherryl Vint sherrylv at ucr.edu
Mon Dec 6 10:45:46 PST 2021

Dear all,

At our planning meeting, we discussed a group outing to see the new Matrix
film.

Dr. carrington and I are wondering (1) if people are still interested in
doing this, and (2) if the first week of January 2022 could work. This is
contingent on the film still being in a Riverside theatre at the time, of
course, but it seems likely that this will be the case.

So at this point we are just enquiring about ongoing interest and timing,
not making firm plans. Please let us know.

thanks,
Sherryl

Sherryl Vint (she/her)
Professor and Chair, Department of English

*"We at UCR would like to respectfully acknowledge and recognize our
**responsibility
to the original and current caretakers of this land, water, **and air: the
Cahuilla, Tongva, Luiseño, and Serrano peoples and all of **their ancestors
and descendants, past, present, and future. Today this **meeting place is
home to many Indigenous peoples from all over the world, **including UCR
faculty, students, and staff, and we are grateful to have the **opportunity
to live and work on these homelands."*