[Sfts-faculty] Fwd: "Constelacion:" New bilingual spec fic magazine (Spanish/English)

Nalo Hopkinson nalohop at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 10:19:04 PDT 2020

https://www.constellationmagazine.com/about-us

Just heard about these folks from a couple of great authors in the field
who will have stories in the first issue. They pay writers 8 cents US per
word, up to 6,400 words. Submissions open October 15. They're also looking
for translators (4 cents per word) and artists ($1,000):
https://www.constellationmagazine.com/submissions

Best,

-nalo

"Like a wish upon a star, Constelación Magazine was born out of two people
who had the same dream: to read more speculative stories in Spanish. Though
we live more than 6,400 miles apart, the universe answered by bringing us
together, with the goal of amplifying the voices of Latin America and the
Caribbean. At the same time, we want to give Spanish-speakers access to
stories of all races, ethnicities, genders, and walks of life.

"Constelación is a quarterly speculative fiction bilingual magazine,
publishing stories in both Spanish and English. Writers can submit their
stories in either language. Fifty percent of the stories we publish in
every issue will be from authors from the Caribbean, Latin America, and
their diaspora."