[pps-news] Scheduled PPS Outage: Saturday, May 21

Grant A Christensen grant.christensen at ucr.edu
Tue May 17 08:35:48 PDT 2011

TO:  All Departments
FR:  Payroll Office
RE:  Scheduled PPS Outage: Saturday, May 21

UCOP:  Jim Cooper

On Saturday, May 21, 2011, UCOP systems will upgrade production databases that support various UCOP-hosted applications and services.  This work will begin early Saturday morning and is expected to be finished no earlier than late in the afternoon the same day.  During that time, all PPS applications, both CICS and WEB, will be unavailable.  Therefore, we do not plan to bring up CICS, and therefore the WEB applications, at all on Saturday.   We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but in the long run the added performance value will be worth missing a day with PPS!
Thanks,
-JXC

A. Grant Christensen
Payroll Supervisor