[pps-news] Title Codes (Staff) with Invalid Steps

Gabe Nwandu Gabe.nwandu at ucr.edu
Tue Jun 13 09:59:03 PDT 2006

June 13, 2006

To:        All Departments

Fr:        Payroll Office

Re:       Title Codes (Staff) with Invalid Steps

A year ago, I informed you that the enforcement of the invalid step for
staff title codes have been suspended indefinitely until UCOP provides a
fix (see e-mail below).  The fix has now been provided by UCOP on
Payroll release 1704 which was installed on June 10, 2006.  You will be
required to enter/update the appropriate step for a staff title from now
going forward.  PPS will issue an employee reject message if you fail to
do so.  We have already fixed the existing invalid steps on PPS when the
program was installed.  Step values will no longer be edited for
academic appointments.

Please contact the Payroll office at x2-3307 if you have any questions.

Thanks

Gabe Nwandu