[pps-news] PPS Message "Step Invalid for the Personnel Program Code"

Gabe Nwandu gabe.nwandu at ucr.edu
Mon Apr 25 14:56:54 PDT 2005

April 25, 2005

PPS Preparers,

The Payroll office has received several calls this afternoon that PPS is
issuing an Employee Reject message "08721 - Step Invalid for the Personnel
Program Code".  This message is being issued when you try to update the pay
distribution for an employee.  We have reported this problem to our UCOP
programmers and we're waiting for a fix soon. PPS program release 1636
installed on Friday, 4/22 evening changed the severity level for this
message from 'warning' to 'employee reject'.

Thank you.

Gabe Nwandu,

Director, Payroll, Travel and Disbursements

UC Riverside, Riverside, CA 92521

Tel: 951-827-3307; Fax: 951-827-3314

E-mail: gabe.nwandu at ucr.edu; Internet: accounting.ucr.edu.