[pps-news] PPS Message "Step Invalid for the Personnel Progra m Code"

Nwandu, Gabe gnwandu at housing.UCR.edu
Mon Apr 25 16:09:00 PDT 2005

April 25, 2005.

This problem has been resolved as of 4pm today.  PPS message severity for
message 08-721 - 'Step Invalid for the Personnel Program Code' has been
down-graded to a 'warning'.  PPS will not stop you from updating if you do
not know the appropriate step for the title code.  It will issue a warning
message just as it did before r1636.  Please try to enter/update the
appropriate step for a title code if you know it.

  _____

From: Gabe Nwandu [mailto:gabe.nwandu at ucr.edu]
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 2:57 PM
To: PPS-NEWS at lists.ucr.edu
Subject: [pps-news] PPS Message "Step Invalid for the Personnel Program
Code"

April 25, 2005

PPS Preparers,

The Payroll office has received several calls this afternoon that PPS is
issuing an Employee Reject message "08721 - Step Invalid for the Personnel
Program Code".  This message is being issued when you try to update the pay
distribution for an employee.  We have reported this problem to our UCOP
programmers and we're waiting for a fix soon. PPS program release 1636
installed on Friday, 4/22 evening changed the severity level for this
message from 'warning' to 'employee reject'.

Thank you.

Gabe Nwandu,

Director, Payroll, Travel and Disbursements

UC Riverside, Riverside, CA 92521

Tel: 951-827-3307; Fax: 951-827-3314

E-mail: gabe.nwandu at ucr.edu <mailto:gabe.nwandu at ucr.edu> ; Internet:
accounting.ucr.edu.