[Orgvpdue] Important Fiscal Closing Deadlines

Mona C Nelson mona.nelson at ucr.edu
Fri Apr 5 12:55:02 PDT 2024

Greetings Colleagues,

This year, due to the new Oracle Budget, Oracle Financials, Kuali systems, and other systems, the Fiscal Closing process will follow a different schedule compared to previous years. As we embark on the first fiscal year with the new system, our main objective is to ensure accurate recording of financial transactions and commitments to uphold our fiduciary responsibilities. To achieve this, we are implementing an earlier cut-off for all financial and procurement requests to guarantee proper accounting and closing by the campus fiscal deadlines. Therefore, we kindly request you to submit your requests via Workfront by 5:00 pm on the specified date noted below to ensure that expenses are charged in this fiscal year.

Services
Services Need
Must be Received By
FAST Academic Program, Participation or Mini-Grant Payments
Distribution between 5/1/24-7/31/24
4/30/24
FAST Data Request
Data Report between 5/1/24-7/15/24
4/30/24
FAST Event Request
Events held between 5/1/24-7/15/24
4/30/24
FAST Grant Submission
Grants due between 5/1/24-7/31/24
4/30/24
FAST Performance Agreement Request
Performance dates between 5/1/24-7/15/24
4/30/24
FAST Purchase Request
Over 10K, Buyer, Contract Out, Risk Assessment, ITS Review, Supplier Set Up - 5/1/24-7/15/24
4/30/24
Under 10K /Punch Out -  5/15/24 – 7/15/24
5/15/24
Procard  - 5/30/24-7/15/24
5/31/24

*Complex purchase requests requiring coordination with campus business providers will be assessed individually and will require approval from the CFAO.

FAST Reimbursement Request (E-Pay/Concur)
Reimbursement Request between 6/1/24-7/10/24
4/30/24
FAST Pre-Travel Request
Pre Travel when travel will occur between 5/1/24-7/15/24
4/30/24

Any requests received after the mentioned date will be put on hold and addressed after the start of the new fiscal year on July 15, 2024. In case of urgent requests submitted after the mentioned date, they will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and will require approval from both the respective organizational leader and the CFAO.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

Elizabeth Tatum
Interim CFAO, Senior Director
Financial and Administrative Solutions Team (F.A.S.T.)
University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
3103A Student Services Building
Riverside, CA 92521