[Office-of-research] New Office of Research Website

Bruce Morgan bruce.morgan at ucr.edu
Wed Mar 15 14:22:06 PST 2006

The Office of Research (OR) is pleased to announce the launch of our new
website located at http://or.ucr.edu <http://or.ucr.edu/> .  The new website
utilizes a tabbed interface and side bar menu to make navigation easier for
users and a search engine to help quickly locate information.  Other
features include:

*	News, Announcements and Limited Submissions information prominently
displayed on the OR home page
*	Annual <http://or.ucr.edu/Home/Reports.aspx>  Reports for 1996 -
2005 and the OR Web Portal <http://or.ucr.edu/OrPortal/> , where users can
access "canned" reports, as well as generate their own ad hoc reports
*	A single link to all of OR's forms
<http://or.ucr.edu/home/Forms.aspx>
*	A tab on Export <http://or.ucr.edu/EX/index.aspx>  Controls to help
inform the campus about is responsibilities and obligations related to the
physical or deemed export of controlled technologies
*	A Quick Reference
<http://or.ucr.edu/SP/Lifecycle/Prepare/index.aspx>  section (under the
Proposal Preparation/Submission menu on the Sponsored Programs tab) that
replaces and expands the Vital Facts page from our old website.
*	Quick links to OR's partner offices

To ensure a smooth transition to the new site, our old URL
(http://ora.ucr.edu <http://ora.ucr.edu/> ) has been rerouted to the new
website.  This is a temporary arrangement due to the wide proliferation of
the old URL across many UCR and non-UCR websites, as well as its use in
various electronic systems such as PAMIS.  In the future, an interim
(forwarding) page will be displayed that will redirect users to the new
website.  However, we recommend that users book mark the new website now for
their convenience.  Users should also be aware that if they have book marked
a page under the old site (e.g.
http://www.ora.ucr.edu/OraRoot/ORA/Forms.htm), they will be presented with a
Help Page that incorporates the search engine and important navigation links
to the new website.

We intend to further develop the new website over time.  Toward that end, we
would greatly appreciate receiving feedback from users regarding such issues
as content, format, navigation, reports and tools made available through the
website.  Feed back may be directed to the OR webmaster
<mailto:stan.fletcher at ucr.edu>  or to any of the following individuals:

Bruce Morgan, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research - bruce.morgan at ucr.edu

Nora Hackett, Director, Intellectual Property Services -
nora.hackett at ucr.edu

William Schmechel, Director, Research Integrity - william.schmechel at ucr.edu

Jane Schultz, Director, Research Development - jane.schultz at ucr.edu

Finally, please note that some sections of the new website remain under
development (e.g., Research Resource Materials - Campus, UC System,
National).  As we develop such sections, we will update the campus
community.

Bruce Morgan

Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research

Office of Research