[IIGB_All] Postdoc Positions - A. Raikhel Laboratory

IIGBadmin iigbadmin at ucr.edu
Tue Jul 13 14:20:08 PDT 2021

Postdoctoral Associate Positions

Postdoctoral Research Associate Positions are available in Alexander Raikhel’s Laboratory (Department of Entomology and IIGB; UC Riverside). My lab investigates the regulation of mosquito reproduction. Mosquitoes are the most dangerous animals on the planet, transmitting disease pathogens that cause nearly 0.5 million deaths and millions of illnesses each year. Pathogen transmission is intimately linked to blood feeding that is required for reproduction. Presently, we use CRISPR/CAS9 based techniques to delineate the role of the insulin network in regulating mosquito body size and metabolism. We are also working to understand the hormone-driven chromatin changes that regulate gene expression during mosquito reproductive cycles. Finally, we are investigating how microRNAs affect mosquito reproductive cycles. My research is supported by NIH grants.

Apply: All interested applicants should send an email to Alexander Raikhel - alexander.raikhel at ucr.edu<mailto:alexander.raikhel at ucr.edu>. Please provide a CV, a statement of prior research experience, and arrange three letters of recommendations (a letter from a Ph.D. adviser is required). Proficiency in advanced molecular techniques and bioinformatics is essential.

Thank you very much,

--
Alexander S. Raikhel, Distinguished Professor
University of California Presidential Chair