[IIGB_All] Plans for returning to 100% functionality

Dominica Adriana Albitre dominica.albitre at ucr.edu
Wed Jul 14 20:01:34 PDT 2021

Dear IIGB colleagues:

As campus ramps up research and instruction back to 100% capacity over the summer, we are preparing to increase staffing in the Department administrative  unit. All campus and Cal-OSHA health guidelines will continue to be followed. The following steps will be taken to accomplish the return to 100% functionality:

The administrative office will remain staffed M - F.  All office personnel will work on campus at least two days per week.  By September 1, I expect that all staff will return to the office 5-days per week.

By July 23, 2021, all building and lab signage will be updated to reflect current campus COVID policies.  These include:

  *   There is no longer a need for masks or safe-distancing for individuals who have been vaccinated.
  *   All unvaccinated employees must continue to wear masks. N95 respirators will be available from EHS for those who request them.
  *   There is no longer a need for physical barriers.
  *   There is no longer a need for special travel approvals related to COVID.
  *   There is no longer a need to maintain reduced occupancy in any room. Lab and room occupancy levels may return to 100% for vaccinated employees.
  *   Until further notice, the submission of the COVID Daily Wellness Survey will still be required for those individuals returning to campus.
  *   All WSSP should be updated to reflect a return to full occupancy, including addition of employees who have been working remotely, new employees, and students.
  *   COVID safety training is required for all personnel.
All IIGB conference and teaching rooms are now available for use.  Please use our standard reservation system to reserve these.  We will have hand sanitizer dispensers installed in the teaching spaces before the start of fall quarter.

By August 16, 2021, we intend to have the buildings under our control unlocked and open during normal business hours, pending campus approval.
If you have been vaccinated, please consider completing the COVID-19 Vaccine Tracking Form<https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d4heACqMVngXcua>, which will prompt you to upload your vaccine card.  This helps the campus to track how many UCR students and employees have been vaccinated.  Entering this information is still voluntary, but will likely become mandatory very soon.  Following submission, your supervisor will be notified that you are cleared to be on campus without restrictions.  If you have misplaced your vaccine card, you can get a digital record of your vaccine here: https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/  You can get your vaccine record within a few minutes.

If you have not already been vaccinated, I encourage you to do so as soon as possible.   You can make an appointment here:  https://myturn.ca.gov/
Please let April or I know if you have questions or concerns about the plan.

Katie

Katayoon (Katie) Dehesh

Director, Institute for Integrative Genome Biology, Distinguished Professor Ernst and Helen Leibacher Endowed Chair in Botany and Plant Sciences University of California, Riverside, CA 92521

Phone: (951) 827-6370

http://iigb.ucr.edu

http://kdehesh-lab.ucr.edu