[Gradstudents] Upcoming SOE Events

Heather A Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Fri Feb 16 10:35:51 PST 2024

MINI GSA - SOE Scholar Network (Academic Publishing Panel)

Curious about publishing your academic papers as a graduate student? We are pleased to inform you that we are hosting an Academic Publishing Panel on Wednesday, February 21 at 7 p.m. via Zoom. We are honored to host our SOE peers and alumni Dr. Aya Shhub, Dr. Valeria Dominguez, Corinna Ott and Eric Davidson as our panelists. Join us for this hour-long panel where we'll hear insights from our SOE graduate peers and the process of publishing academic work!

  *   Date: February 21, 2024
  *   Time: 7-8 p.m.
  *   Location: via Zoom
  *   Registration link: Academic Publishing Panel<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fucr.zoom.us%2Fmeeting%2Fregister%2FtJIvde2sqzssHtCZBGKeCx73v2JwU86UaLXg%23%2Fregistration&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw0RV7B7NVAHVPE4xQW_2L_b>
Make sure to follow us on Instagram @ucrsoe_scholarnetwork to stay updated on future events and workshops!

________________________________
MINI GSA - SOE Scholar Network (Winter Quarter Social)

The SOE Scholar Network invites you to join us for our Winter Social on Thursday, February 29th from 6:30-8 pm at the Getaway Cafe located in Bannockburn Village.  Come build community with fellow SOE graduate student peers. Food and drinks will be provided!

Please RSVP by Wednesday, February 21st<https://forms.gle/YhTDd5mYmuswo2ZRA> so we can get an accurate count for food at Getaway Cafe!

Follow our IG @ucrsoe_scholarnetwork to stay updated on future events and workshops!

________________________________
Winter Qualitative Research Workshop (Hosted by Dr. Alice Lee)

The Qualitative Research Workshop is here! This 3-hour in person research workshop will be held on March 6th, from 11 am-2 pm, hosted by Dr. Alice Lee, Sofia Rivas and Esmeralda Muñoz. SOE faculty Dr. Amos Lee, Dr. Michael Moses and Dr. Lorena Gutierrez will also be mentoring small focus groups and offering feedback in student work. This event is dedicated to center you and your individual projects as you work through the iterative process of qualitative research. Graduate students who have completed the qualitative research course series are invited to register for the event!

Event Details:

  *   Registration Fee: A FREE resource to SOE graduate students!

  *   Date: March 6th 11 am - 2 pm

  *   Location: 1215 Sproul Hall (in person)

  *   Registration link: https://forms.gle/5jg5tY2RJigSXKzc8

  *   Registration deadline: February 23rd
Food/Drinks
Catered lunch and refreshments will be provided. You're welcome to bring your own food/drinks as well!

If you have not already done so, please submit your RSVP by February 23rd to get an accurate head count for food!

Please do not hesitate to reach out to esmeralda.munoz at ucr.edu<mailto:esmeralda.munoz at ucr.edu> or sriva006 at ucr.edu<mailto:sriva006 at ucr.edu> with any questions or comments leading up to this event.