[Gradstudents] Black Brilliance Event, Employment Opportunity & Prof. Dev. Opportunity

Heather A Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Mon Apr 22 11:37:25 PDT 2024

Strokes of Black Brilliance: Paint Party

Please join us for a jazz themed paint party Desserts and drinks will be served.

Tuesday, May 14th 2-3:30pm – Sproul Hall room 1215

RSVP by April 23rd using the QR code in the attached flyer.

________________________________

Graduate Student Assistant Needed – Project KEEP (Know. Education. Empower. Persist.)

Our grant team with Project Keep (PIs: Drs. Raquel Rall, Frances Valdovinos, and Austin Johnson) is excited to announce a multi-year hourly employment opportunity for graduate students. The time commitment for this position is 20 hours per week, and the compensation is $20/hour. Since local travel is a core component of this position, mileage and parking fees incurred as part of work duties will be reimbursed. Work will commence as soon as the hire is finalized, and will continue through Summer 2024 into the 2024-25 and 2025-26 academic years. Applications for this position are due May 17th.

Project KEEP is a collaboration between school districts, community colleges, UCR, and the SOE’s Teacher Education program. Our goal is to build educational partnerships and pipelines in order to increase and diversify the teacher workforce in the Inland Empire. This position would be responsible for supporting UCR’s partnership with Riverside City College (RCC) through duties including intensive coaching of high school and community college students enrolled at RCC. Knowledge of the community-college transfer process and experience working with high-school- and college-age students is preferred. This position will regularly use technology (e.g., Microsoft Office, Google Suite) to create, manage, and organize data pertaining to their work. Reliable transportation is required, as this position will be expected to travel to high-school and community-college campuses to individually meet with students, with consistent travel to and from the RCC campus. Virtual meetings will also be a component of this position. Reliable transportation will be necessary, as this position will largely be based on the RCC campus near downtown Riverside.

To apply for this position, please complete the form linked here: https://forms.gle/1Xk2G8DF2mNkTfUp8

________________________________

Transform your research project this summer! Apply today for a PEER field school
View in browser<https://xylgyz.clicks.mlsend.com/tf/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjM1MTIwOSxcImxcIjoxMTg5NjM1Nzc3MTMzMjk2OTgsXCJyXCI6MTE4OTYzNTgxOTkzNjE2OTE2fSIsInMiOiJmNTY1MDA3MzgxYjMyMzY2In0>

[https://storage.mlcdn.com/account_image/351209/yXD4pE8xCU2wiEN3EWuVgHWCcM15KUdpkO5iXU0H.png]
Professional development for Emerging Education Researchers

Apply now to a PEER field school!

We are pleased to announce that rolling applications are currently being accepted for two Professional development for Emerging Education Researchers (PEER) field schools in summer 2024.

PEER enhances the professional growth of participants and changes career trajectories. Our comprehensive professional development covers project design, management, mentoring, communication, and understanding community values. This ‘full stack’ of activities builds your research abilities.

No matter where you are in your education research journey, we’ll take you to the next step.
<https://xylgyz.clicks.mlsend.com/tf/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjM1MTIwOSxcImxcIjoxMTg5NjM1Nzc3MjE3MTgzMTEsXCJyXCI6MTE4OTYzNTgxOTkzNjE2OTE2fSIsInMiOiI1ZWM0Zjg1YjUzOTM5ZDdiIn0>
Apply now!<https://xylgyz.clicks.mlsend.com/tf/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjM1MTIwOSxcImxcIjoxMTg5NjM1Nzc3MjE3MTgzMTEsXCJyXCI6MTE4OTYzNTgxOTkzNjE2OTE2fSIsInMiOiI1ZWM0Zjg1YjUzOTM5ZDdiIn0>

[https://storage.mlcdn.com/account_image/351209/z7NYDcqnJztee3FVVvygCqikmY219atwghwQoVk0.jpg]
San Diego, July 22-25

Build your education research skills and network with other researchers in the SoCal area! This field school is appropriate for researchers within a 3-hour drive of San Diego, and features research project development alongside community building.

<https://xylgyz.clicks.mlsend.com/tf/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjM1MTIwOSxcImxcIjoxMTg5NjM1Nzc3MjY5NjExOTUsXCJyXCI6MTE4OTYzNTgxOTkzNjE2OTE2fSIsInMiOiIzNTc4MjJjODMzOWM0NjljIn0>
More information about PEER-SoCal<https://xylgyz.clicks.mlsend.com/tf/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjM1MTIwOSxcImxcIjoxMTg5NjM1Nzc3MjY5NjExOTUsXCJyXCI6MTE4OTYzNTgxOTkzNjE2OTE2fSIsInMiOiIzNTc4MjJjODMzOWM0NjljIn0>

[https://storage.mlcdn.com/account_image/351209/kacTPhYykXkWF0jw0kZ5XXWeLfqPBGi0hpJIQr9M.jpg]
Rochester, August 1-7

Just getting started?  Stretching into a new project? This extended field school welcomes a diverse national and international group of emerging scholars for intense, project-centered training and community.

<https://xylgyz.clicks.mlsend.com/tf/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjM1MTIwOSxcImxcIjoxMTg5NjM1Nzc3MzIyMDQwNzgsXCJyXCI6MTE4OTYzNTgxOTkzNjE2OTE2fSIsInMiOiI3ZDljNmUzNWY0ODM4ZTQxIn0>
More information about PEER-Rochester<https://xylgyz.clicks.mlsend.com/tf/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjM1MTIwOSxcImxcIjoxMTg5NjM1Nzc3MzIyMDQwNzgsXCJyXCI6MTE4OTYzNTgxOTkzNjE2OTE2fSIsInMiOiI3ZDljNmUzNWY0ODM4ZTQxIn0>

PEER supports emerging education researchers in developing their research interests into concrete questions, developing short- and long-term research plans, building community with other education researchers, and making progress on advancing projects to publication.

We seek scholars who are familiar with independent research and want to expand their methodological repertoire. Preference will be given to junior faculty and DBER "switchers," but outstanding applicants from all levels will be considered.

Scholarships are available

Whether you’re just getting started, looking to stretch into new projects or methodologies, or seeking community and support around education research, we’re happy to have you. Application requirements vary; check each school for details.

We are especially interested in supporting scholars from groups historically excluded from STEM education research and those with limited access to institutional or external sources of research funding.

PEER Institute

Rochester, NY
United States of America
[facebook]<https://xylgyz.clicks.mlsend.com/tf/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjM1MTIwOSxcImxcIjoxMTg5NjM1Nzc3Mzc0NDY5NjEsXCJyXCI6MTE4OTYzNTgxOTkzNjE2OTE2fSIsInMiOiI1NDU2NmI4YWUxNGRlNWU3In0>
[twitter]<https://xylgyz.clicks.mlsend.com/tf/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjM1MTIwOSxcImxcIjoxMTg5NjM1Nzc3NDI2ODk4NDQsXCJyXCI6MTE4OTYzNTgxOTkzNjE2OTE2fSIsInMiOiI0ZTZmZjM3MTllMWU3Njc5In0>
[instagram]<https://xylgyz.clicks.mlsend.com/tf/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjM1MTIwOSxcImxcIjoxMTg5NjM1Nzc3NDY4ODQxNTEsXCJyXCI6MTE4OTYzNTgxOTkzNjE2OTE2fSIsInMiOiI4YWJjM2ExYzBjMDU5NzNiIn0>

We’re sending you this email because you joined our mailing list. Please feel free to share it with your networks.

Heather Killeen (she/her/hers)
Graduate Program Administrator
School of Education
University of California, Riverside
1124 Sproul Hall
Riverside, CA 92521
Email: heather.killeen at ucr.edu<mailto:heather.killeen at ucr.edu>
Web <http://education.ucr.edu/>  |  Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrsoe> <https://www.facebook.com/ucrsoe>  |  Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrsoe/>  | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqPQp1pgFYwnKj6HcheFC8Q>

[cid:image001.png at 01DA94A8.9656ABD0]

Sign up<https://education.ucr.edu/request-information> to receive more information about our programs.