[Gradstudents] [REMINDER] Focus Group Opportunity: Community Engaged Learning

Heather A Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Mon Apr 22 10:31:36 PDT 2024

REMINDER - STILL LOOKING FOR PARTICIPANTS

Dear SOE Graduate Students,

The Community Engaged Learning (CEL) Program serves SOE students by providing community engagement and professional development opportunities. We are seeking 10 graduate students (5 masters and 5 PhD) for a focus group to learn how the CEL program can assist graduate students. The focus group will take place on Wednesday, May 1st from 1-2pm in Sproul Hall room 1224.  We hope to offer specific resources that will aid SOE graduate students in preparing for a career in education. Some of the questions we will be asking are:

  *   What type of internships would you like to see CEL offer?
  *   If you were to sign up for an internship, would you like it to be during daytime (9 to 5) or evening/weekend working hours?
  *   What type of professional development workshops would you be interested in attending?
  *   How can CEL help you prepare for a career in education?

The focus group will be conducted by Dr. Raquel Rall, Associate Dean of Strategic Initiatives and Sarah Juarez, Community Engaged Learning Coordinator. The focus group will be a total of one hour and you will be given a $40 gift card as compensation for participating.

To RSVP for this opportunity, please reply to this email. First come, first serve.

Thank you,

Heather Killeen (she/her/hers)
Graduate Program Administrator
School of Education
University of California, Riverside
1124 Sproul Hall
Riverside, CA 92521
Email: heather.killeen at ucr.edu<mailto:heather.killeen at ucr.edu>
Web <http://education.ucr.edu/>  |  Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrsoe> <https://www.facebook.com/ucrsoe>  |  Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrsoe/>  | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqPQp1pgFYwnKj6HcheFC8Q>

[cid:image001.png at 01DA8A8D.A37C11D0]

Sign up<https://education.ucr.edu/request-information> to receive more information about our programs.