[Gradstudents] Professional Development Opportunity - Serve on SOE Committee

Heather A Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 19 10:11:12 PDT 2023

Dear SOE PhD Students:

Would you like to become more involved in the SOE? Consider serving on a SOE standing committee! The Executive Committee invites you to apply for this opportunity to become more involved, to make sure that student voices are heard during meetings that set policy, and to get a glimpse into the workings of faculty committees.

We will select one PhD student to serve on the department committee for the 2023-2024 academic year. We are currently accepting expressions of interest until Friday, September 29th.

The following committee is in need of a student rep:

The Graduate Advisory Committee (GAC): meets once a month and the duties pertain to the operation of all SOE graduate degree programs.

In cases of conflict-of-interest or if there are confidentiality concerns during a meeting, the graduate student may be asked to excuse themselves.

All meetings for 23-24 AY will be conducted via Zoom until further notice. Find the attached draft schedule for GAC meeting dates/times.

We are seeking self-nominations; faculty may also nominate students. If you are interested, please send Heather Killeen one paragraph about yourself and why you are interested accompanied by your CV/resume. The Executive Committee will consider all applications; a nomination is no guarantee of selection.

We look forward to working with you!

Raquel Rall
Chair, SOE Executive Committee