[Gradstudents] Upcoming Event: Autism Goes to College screenings

Heather Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Fri Mar 17 12:20:08 PDT 2023

Dear SOE Graduate Students,

Please see the invitation below and attached flyers for upcoming events offered by the SEARCH  Clinic.

-Heather

Good Afternoon,

My name is Elizabeth Benitez and I am the coordinator for UCR's SEARCH Clinic.

I am writing to inform you of our upcoming free events for parents and transition age students with disabilities in English and Spanish.

We are partnering up with Learning Rights Law Center<https://www.learningrights.org/> for two (English & Spanish) special screenings of the award-winning documentary Autism Goes to College<https://www.autismgoestocollege.org/> followed by a panel with legal experts to answer questions regarding transition to adulthood, legal rights, and more.

These virtual events will be held on March 22nd and 23rd. The events focus on showing a documentary of college students with Autism followed by a panel of experts to answer questions regarding transition-age students.

I have attached our flyers. Please share this information with your students and communities!

Best,
Elizabeth Benitez