[Gradstudents] [REMINDER] Professional Development Series: Attending a Conference 101

Heather Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Fri Mar 17 12:23:49 PDT 2023

Dear SOE Graduate Students,

To continue with our professional development series, the SOE is offering a new workshop: Attending a Conference 101. This in-person workshop hosted by Dr. Eddie Comeaux will be held on Tuesday, March 21st from 10:00-11:30 am in Sproul Hall room 1224. Refreshments will be served.

The goals of this workshop include:

  *   Provide clarity on what to expect attending a conference
  *   Understand strategies for creating a schedule
  *   How to effectively network at a conference and afterwards
  *   Understand roles of participants and session types
  *   Build community around conference participation

While this workshop is not exclusive to any particular conference, it is timely with the upcoming AERA conference in April.

If you plan to join, please RSVP by replying to this email by March 20th.

Dr. Comeaux and I hope to see you there!

Best,

Heather Killeen (she/her/hers)
Graduate Program Coordinator
School of Education