[Gradstudents] Underground Scholars - Petition

Heather Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Tue May 25 14:48:16 PDT 2021

Dear GSOE Graduate Students:

Please find the message below from fellow graduate student, Sofia Rivas, concerning the Underground Scholars program.

-Heather

Hello GSOE community,

My name is Sofia Rivas. I am currently part of the Masters program here at the GSOE. I am also the Outreach Coordinator for Underground Scholars Initiative at UCR. The home that I have found within Underground Scholars is experiencing a crisis at the moment as we are being denied a space within the institution despite bringing in our own hard earned funding. We are seeking support from students and faculty as well. Attached is a letter we have crafted that explains our crisis in detail, as well as a petition we have created for support from students, faculty and community members. Please email me at sriva006 at ucr.edu<mailto:sriva006 at ucr.edu> if you have any questions, concerns or advice. Thank you in advance!

Petition: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfHI_HZE0wGYoP2MfR0zdSXF8zCrH7-MYuN2OC3Jjr8v6x3sQ/viewform

Best,
Sofia Rivas