[Geospatial] The Geospatial/GIS Quarterly, and Upcoming events

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 21 18:28:18 PDT 2021

Hello all,

It's alive!

After sharing sneak previews and making revisions, I've now published the Geospatial/GIS Quarterly for all to see. It's intended to be your at-a-glance source for major geospatial news at UCR and beyond. Here it is! https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/2726969cfae443d9b90bb625dc5e106f

I'll update the Quarterly whenever the need arises, so be sure to check it out from time to time. And please reach out to me if you have suggestions, items to share, etc.

Here are some time-sensitive items that may be of interest:

September 29, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm: Black Maps Matter, then and now<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/black-maps-matter-just-maps-tickets-170125695535> - coordinated by Livingmaps Network, an organization in the UK.

September 30: the deadline for submitting a presentation proposal for the 2nd annual UC GIS Week. If you are a faculty member, researcher, student, industry partner, alumnus, or community mapper, there is space for you to share your accomplishments and inspire others through your mapping and spatial analysis. We are looking for presentations, lightning talks, panelists, posters, Story Maps, web maps, dashboards, and pre-recorded workshops.

Time for geospatial Highlanders to share what you've been up to! Please use this Google form to submit your application as soon as possible: https://forms.gle/xH5HxdJNHadEesX96

October 14 is a special edition of the Geospatial/GIS meetup<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geospatialgis-meetups-tickets-169417806219?aff=ebdsoporgprofile> as it begins its 6th year: a Geospatial/GIS Faculty Panel. Four of our geospatial faculty from a variety of disciplines will give brief presentations and take questions from attendees. Students who are interested (or who should be interested) in GIS and geospatial perspectives are encouraged to attend - please spread the word! See the attached image for more information.

Wishing you all a safe, great start to Fall Quarter 2021!
Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D7AEBE.986EDAA0]