[Geospatial] Notes from Geospatial/GIS meetup, October 14

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 18 16:26:00 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

Attached please find notes from the Geospatial/GIS meetup on October 14.

This meeting was recorded; video is available here<https://ucr.zoom.us/rec/share/lml7g11PwQBr6gJ5E0iZ3A0yP4uOogDfYdGU8Cv71FWWsLP-uOdRIUSc-LIs1AqM.mesrQQc2lxnpeU_P>. The access passcode to view is   *+?GWC8E

A version of the video which will include captioning will be made available within the next couple of weeks, probably in the Geospatial/GIS Quarterly<https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/2726969cfae443d9b90bb625dc5e106f>.

We had an outstanding session! Many, many thanks to our faculty panelists: Hoori Ajami, Kenichiro Tsukamoto, Ademide Adelusi-Adeluyi, and Amr Magdy. Their presentations and responses to questions and comments were informative and insightful. We definitely got a sense of how GIS and spatial analysis are engaged with in their fields.

Thanks also to those in attendance for your contributions to the discussion.

We had many first-time attendees - thank you for joining us!

Our next meetup will be on Wednesday, November 10 (because Thursday the 11th is a holiday).

I hope you all stay well until then!

Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D7C436.48B07180]