[Geospatial] REMINDER: Geospatial/GIS Faculty Panel at the meetup tomorrow, October 14

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Wed Oct 13 09:14:52 PDT 2021

Hello all,
Just a reminder that our next Geospatial/GIS meetup will be held tomorrow, Thursday, October 14 from 12:00 - 1:20 pm PDT.
Tomorrow's meetup will be a Geospatial/GIS Faculty Panel, designed to help students (and others) understand how GIS and geospatial perspectives are used in various disciplines, and why "thinking spatially" could be important in their future careers.

These outstanding UCR faculty members will give presentations and answer your questions:

     *   Hoori Ajami - Associate Professor, Environmental Sciences
     *   Kenichiro Tsukamoto - Associate Professor, Anthropology
     *   Ademide Adelusi-Adeluyi - Assistant Professor, History
     *   Amr Magdy - Assistant Professor, Computer Science & Engineering

To be sure we allow adequate time for questions, note that the meetup is scheduled to end at 1:20 pm instead of the usual 12:50 pm.
This meeting will be recorded.
Please note: one hour before the meetup you'll receive an email containing the Zoom meeting information if by then you have either:

  *   registered on Eventbrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geospatialgis-meetups-tickets-169417806219>, or
  *   replied "yes" or "tentative" to the calendar invite some of you received on September 30.
No guarantees I can accommodate last-minute requests for the Zoom info! Thanks for your understanding as we take measures to keep our meetups a safe space.
Looking forward to a great, informative session - I hope you can join us!
Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D7C008.D8149D60]