[Geospatial] Migrate ArcGIS Online content

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Fri Jun 4 11:02:43 PDT 2021

Hello all,

Just a *timely reminder* for some of you who have content in UCR's academic ArcGIS Online organization (ucr.maps.arcgis.com<https://ucr.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html>):

If you have an ArcGIS Online non-enterprise account (created prior to February 19, 2020, and/or it doesn't end with "_ucr") and you will be continuing at UCR:

  *   In theory, those older or non-enterprise accounts will be disabled by ITS on or after June 18, 2021, as noted on the landing page for ucr.maps.arcgis.com<https://ucr.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html>.
  *   To be safe, migrate any content that you want to keep from your old account to your new enterprise account (where you sign in to ArcGIS Online with your NetID and password).
     *   Use the ArcGIS Online Assistant<https://ago-assistant.esri.com/> to transfer web maps and most other content.
        *   NOTE: it won't work for ArcGIS StoryMaps.
     *   If you have content items (such as StoryMaps) that can't be migrated using ArcGIS Online Assistant: contact me or another ArcGIS Online administrator to help transfer ownership to your new account.
  *   Delete any content you no longer need from the old account.

If you are leaving UCR:

  *   You might want to create a personal ArcGIS Online account<https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/oauth2/signup?client_id=arcgisonline&redirect_uri=http://www.arcgis.com&response_type=token>, or an ArcGIS Online account at your new institution, and migrate any content you'd like to keep to the new account.
     *   Use the ArcGIS Online Assistant<https://ago-assistant.esri.com/> to transfer web maps and most other content.
        *   NOTE: it won't work for ArcGIS StoryMaps. (I believe there is a way to migrate StoryMaps outside of the UCR organization, but it involves developer skills I don't have!)
  *   If someone else at UCR would maintain any of your items in ArcGIS Online at UCR in the future: contact me or another ArcGIS Online administrator for help in transfering ownership.
  *   Delete any content you no longer need.
  *   We wish you the best for the future!

Please see the attached document for more thorough guidelines on how to use ArcGIS Online Assistant in both of the above scenarios.

Please share this email with anyone who may be impacted - and contact me if you have any questions or situations that aren't covered here. Meanwhile, I'll share any useful updates I learn of.

^^^
Best wishes for finals, commencement, and otherwise wrapping up this academic year!

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D7591B.7BD53B80]