[Geospatial] REMINDER: Geospatial/GIS meetup tomorrow, November 10

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Mon Nov 9 08:32:21 PST 2020

Hi all,
A reminder that our November meetup will be held via Zoom tomorrow, Tuesday, November 10, from 12:00 - 12:50 pm.

Join Zoom Meeting https://ucr.zoom.us/j/98420454947     "But ... what's the passcode?" you may ask.
Tomorrow you'll receive an email containing the *passcode needed to attend* ONLY IF you have taken one of the following actions, before now or by tomorrow morning:

  *   you've registered on Eventbrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geospatialgis-meetups-tickets-122118623089>, or
  *   you've replied "yes" or "tentative" to the calendar invite I sent on October 27.
No guarantees I can accommodate last-minute requests for the passcode, or that we will admit a guest whom (unbeknownst to us) you have invited! Thanks for your understanding as we take measures to keep our meetups a safe space.
This meeting will be recorded.
Our presenter, Candice Mays of Voice Media Ventures<https://voicemediaventures.com/> in Riverside, will speak on the Mapping Black California<https://mbccensuslab.org/> project:
After leveraging GIS to promote civic engagement in Black communities via Black newspapers during the Census 2020 campaign, Mapping Black California seeks to create a sustainable data journalism model integrating GIS technology and resources.

About Candice: Project Manager of Black Voice News project, Mapping Black California, Candice Mays combines all things historical, Californian, and most importantly, Black into her writing and media work.

We'll also discuss upcoming events, including the innovative plans for the online UC GIS Week<https://library.ucr.edu/about/news/inaugural-uc-gis-week-conference> next week (with presenters from UCR in the mix!)

New feature: have you seen a noteworthy map on the internet lately, with unusual topic or cartography (including poor examples)? You are invited to pop a link for it in the chat during the meeting so we can see and discuss!

Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image002.png at 01D6B672.D7125C40]