UWP Lecturers Safe Assign

Wallaceteach at aol.com Wallaceteach at aol.com
Sun Mar 22 20:59:10 PDT 2009

Hey all,
    Just weighing in here, but if the students don't  follow the requirement
I can't see how we have any choice but to fail  them. I think Gray's ideas are
very compelling.  As to the other  comment, I don't really understand the
argument about it being unfair to  require students to submit papers to safe
assign, but I will say it is unfair to  the other students, who did fulfill the
requirements, to not penalize those  students who don't.
    We aren't doing them any favors if we don't hold  these students to
standards.  That kind of thinking has led to innumerable  problems and to a general
lack of responsibility I think we can all agree has  had disastrous
consequences.  Also, this is a great and relatively painless  way to learn a valuable
lesson.
Wallace Cleaves