UWP Lecturers Safe Assign

caroldo at ucr.edu caroldo at ucr.edu
Fri Mar 20 16:10:06 PDT 2009

I agree with Gray, not because I have a newborn, but because the two students I had this quarter, who submitted to Safe Assignments late,both turned in essays of substandard quality. One had clearly plagiarized and the other didn't even bother to fulfill the minimum requirements. So, what that taught me is 1. not to make such exceptions and more importantly,
2.By making exceptions to my stated and written rules,  , I am not actually helping my students, but may be setting them up for academic failure in the future.
Best,
Carol Downey