UWP Lecturers Access to tutorial and workshop rooms

John Briggs John.Briggs at ucr.edu
Thu Oct 9 16:02:12 PDT 2008

TO:  UWP Lecturers and TAs interested in using alternative instructional
spaces during office hours

     As we wait for the new TA offices to be installed in 1001, we will be
using all the tutorial spaces and workshop rooms in 1001 and 1103 for TA
offices.  They will not be available for tutorials or small groups.
However, for the next month or so there will be a large table with chairs in
the big open space in 1001. The room will be unlocked between 8:00 a.m. and
5:00 p.m. Since a number of WAC workshops are already planned for that
space, there will be a roster on Regina's counter in 1003 for you to make
reservations.  The roster will be ready by Monday.  Please do not plan to
use that room unless you have signed up for an open hour.

     We expect to have the new TA office spaces ready in November. At that
point, some rooms for tutorials and small groups (up to four students plus
an instructor) will become available in 1103 and 1001.  The workshop room at
the far end of 1001 will also be accessible for up to a dozen students with
an instructor.

     Again, those rooms are not available yet.  When that time comes we will
set up a simple reservation system, probably a sign-up book, for 1103 and
the workshop room in 1001.  The tutorial rooms in 1001 will be open on a
first-come, first-served basis.  For now only the large space in 1001 will
be accessible for these purposes.   We appreciate your patience as we
prepare for the transition to the new offices and instructional spaces.

John Briggs

Director, University Writing Program