[Englecturers] Bo Earle-job talk Monday, February 5th

Susan Brown susan.brown at ucr.edu
Wed Jan 30 13:30:40 PST 2008

Please join the Department of English for a talk by:

Bo Earle

I'm currently a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Humanities at Stanford
University.  I received a joint doctorate in English and Social Thought from
the University of Chicago in 2006.  I've published articles on Percy Shelley
and William Wordsworth in Studies in Romanticism and the European Romantic
Review, on French Symbolism and Proust in MLN, and I have articles
forthcoming in ELH and New German Critique on Byron and Adorno.  I'm
currently at work on a book project which attempts to retrace to the British
Romantics the kind of progressive poetic response to modern commercial
society that Walter Benjamin identified in Baudelaire.

Fiery Dust:  Byron, Keats, Commercial Society and

Literary Aristocracy

Monday, February 4th

2:15-3:30pm

English conference room 2212