[Englecturers] Fwd: Effort to recruit consultants for High School Outreach

John Briggs jcbriggs at ucr.edu
Wed Feb 20 16:23:19 PST 2008

TO:  TAs and Lecturers,

       Please consider joining the Inland Area Writing Project's
High-School Outreach Program, which reaches thousands of
college-bound high-school juniors each year.  By evaluating and
presenting the results of students' sample placement exams, you can
help UCR's feeder schools (teachers, students, and administrators)
understand our expectations for freshman writers.   The visitation
program is one of our most important activities because it raises
expectations for writing in the schools, and reaches students when
they have a year to prepare for the UC and CSU placement
tests.  Consultants attend an orientation and receive $200 for each
classroom visit.  (Multiple visits can be bundled into one day.)
Now in its fifteenth year, the HSOP has worked with almost 50,000
local students.

      Thanks for your consideration of this opportunity.  Contact
numbers are below.

John Briggs