[Englecturers] Department wiki reminder

Gray Scott gray.scott at ucr.edu
Thu Feb 21 21:56:56 PST 2008

Hello all,

I was talking to another lecturer today and was urged by him to post a reminder about the existence of our department wiki (a department Web site that anyone can edit -- wherein the editing is about as simple as typing an email).

So I will remind everyone. He's that persuasive.

Here it goes: We have a department wiki. It features information gleaned from common department handouts (like reading lists for the BW and 1ABC classes, wordcounts and the like from our articulation agreements, and so forth). The initial idea for this site was that we could use it as a place to store all of those documents we're always handing out during our Septemeber meetings. If anyone has documents in that genre that aren't represented on the site, feel free to add them.

The site also has ideas here and there (I'd love to see more) from instructors about teaching various texts, classes, and assignments. You can edit all of this stuff directly. New pages can be created easily, so feel free to add a page on whatever concerns you.

You can find the wiki at http://ucrcomposition.pbwiki.com

The password, if you want to edit the wiki, post stuff, or contribute thoughts (please!), is .... rivera. (That is, our password is the name of our library, lower-cased.)

When you get to the front page, try clicking on the sidebar to open up a list of contents for the site. Some of those links lead to very empty pages -- they're lonely and are in dire need of attention. Others are rather full, but we have nearly infinite space on this site, so type away. (The only limit we have is that we can't attach or upload many files. But we can create and type on a virtually limitless number of Web pages.)

Questions are welcome.

Regards,

Gray Scott