[Englecturers] Freeway Flying Input

Devon W. Hackelton dhackelton at csupomona.edu
Sat Feb 18 09:33:01 PST 2006

Hey UCR gang,

A friend and co-presentor is seeking input for her presentation at the College Composition and Communication Conference this March. If you could take a few minutes out of your busy schedule and offer a reply. Send replies directly to her at the address below: do not reply to this email! Rest assured, confidentiality and anonymity will be maintained.

Devon Hackelton

To lecturers everywhere,

Hello.  I am a lecturer at Cal Poly, Pomona and am currently working on a presentation for the 4C's convention in March.  The other members of my panel and I are putting together information about the huge discrepancy in pay and benefits between tenured professors and "part-time, temporary" lecturers, who often have to work at more than one school in order to put together a living.  My part of the presentation covers the effects, adverse or possibly beneficial, of "freeway flying" on classroom instruction.  So, I am asking, pleading actually, for you to take a moment out of your extremely busy day and answer the following questions:

In what way has freeway flying most adversely affected your work as a teacher?  Are you aware of any benefits gained from working at multiple schools?

Please send your response the address below.  And thank you so much for your time.

Sarah Innerst-Peterson
sinnerst at csupomona.edu
Lecturer, English Dept.
Cal Poly, Pomona