[Englecturers] "starter" car for sale

SBaringer at aol.com SBaringer at aol.com
Sun Feb 19 17:23:28 PST 2006

I reluctantly have to sell my 86 Chevy Nova 4-door hatchback; it needs
carburator work to pass smog and what I really need is a new car.  My sentimental
attachment to it is making me reluctant to donate it, where it would auctioned
off to be rendered into parts like a dead puppy.

Price is $400.  It has minor body damage, 300K miles, and no radio or ac, but
runs great and gets 35mpg on the highway.  It seems like a good car for a
teenager whose parents are acquainted with a good old-fashioned mechanic.

Low-income owners can get "smog welfare" - the state will reimburse for
repair to pass smog.  Income guidelines are somewhat similar to those for reduced
price school lunch.  Check it out at the dmv website.

Please pass this along to anybody you know who might be interested.

- Sandy Baringer
phone 760-751-1504