[CW-Grad] 2012 Thesis Committee Requests

mjayme at ucr.edu mjayme at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 24 09:25:12 PDT 2011

Dear Second- and Third-Year Creative Writing MFA Candidates:

I'm glad to know that many of you have begun assembling your thesis
committees.  As many of you are aware, there is a lot of thesis work to get
done this year.  The Creative Writing faculty is looking to share this work in as
equal a way as possible.

If you already have your entire committee organized with formal agreements
from three faculty members, please email me that information, along with the
quarter you intend to file your thesis.

If you have yet to formally organize your entire thesis committee, please email
me a list of your top five choices for potential committee members among the
Creative Writing faculty.  I will do my best to honor those requests as best I can,
and will process these requests in the order they are received.

I will also reiterate that different faculty members handle thesis committee work
differently.  If you have not done so yet, it is very important that you develop a
clear understanding of what sort of work you might expect from the members of
your committee, as well as when you might expect such work to be completed.

All best,

Michael