[CW-Grad] Wanted: UCR Children's Tour Play Script

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Thu Mar 10 14:38:48 PST 2011

OMG -- an opportunity to make a few bucks for a stage play! This is, to emphasize the message below, for elementary school audiences, and will tour local schools. In the past, these plays have dealt with serious issues, often with real depth, but also with a comedic approach suitable for youngsters.

> The UCR Department of Theatre is seeking submissions of original scripts for a play for children (elementary school ages) on the theme of "bullying".  The work should be 35 minutes in duration, with 7 characters.  Production demands must be low:  a single venue, or simple transformation.  First drafts should be submitted by May 1, 2011.  Design phase begins the week of May 16.  Production performs mid September 2011.  The author of the selected play will receive $500 in royalties, and $1000 to write a study guide for the work.  Please submit draft ideas to Marc Longlois:  marc.longlois at ucr.edu.
> --
>
> --
> Marc Longlois, MFA, Production Manager
> INTN 2004, University of California, Riverside, CA  92521
> Voice 951-827-6486  Fax   951-827-6451
> http://www.theatre.ucr.edu

Eric Barr, Professor & Chair
eric.barr at ucr.edu
951-827-6488
http://theatre.ucr.edu
www.actingis.com

Robin Russin

Associate Professor and Director
MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto