[CW-Grad] New MFA Introductions

Brian Jeppesen bjepp001 at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 21 09:03:07 PDT 2010

Brian Jeppesen here.  I'm a life-long writer, but that's not to say I always
pursued it as honestly as we're doing here.  In my childhood, I found myself
absorbed into the world of computing.  By 1989, I was developing text
adventure games in BASIC.  When Windows 95 came out, I switched permanently
to the C family as my language of preference.  Since then, I've worked in
computers.  I survived the great internet crash of the late 90's,
maintaining enough web clients to keep myself afloat.

I suppose it'd be convenient if we all enjoyed what we first set out to do,
but this was not the case with me.  I began to despise computers by about
2005.  That was when I decided that I needed to head back to school and get
a degree in what I loved most.  I attended College of the Canyons in Santa
Clarita.  There I led the student newspaper as the Editor in Chief.  After
my time there, I came to UCR for my BA in Creative Writing.  Now, I'm
sticking around for my MFA.

Can't wait to write with the rest of you.

Brian