[CW-Grad] "REVERSING THE TAPESTRY Translanting workds, translating culture: a literary translator's craft" Austin Woener-Visiting Scholar, Tuesday, Nov 16 12:30-2:00 HMNSS 2412

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Wed Nov 3 17:13:00 PDT 2010

Perhaps of interest:

Begin forwarded message:

From: James Lin <james.lin at ucr.edu>
Date: November 3, 2010 5:10:22 PM PDT
To: chass-faculty at lists.ucr.edu, chass-nsfaculty at lists.ucr.edu
Subject: [Chass-faculty] "REVERSING THE TAPESTRY Translanting workds, translating culture: a literary translator's craft" Austin Woener-Visiting Scholar, Tuesday, Nov 16 12:30-2:00 HMNSS 2412

REVERSING THE TAPESTRY

   Translating words, translating culture: a literary translator’s craft

Austin Woerner – Visiting Scholar at UCR

Tuesday, November 16 12:30 – 2:00
HMNSS 2412

Austin Woerner is a literary translator specializing in modern Chinese fiction and poetry; he is currently a Visiting Scholar at UCR’s Department of Comparative Literature. He has translated into English the works of the poet Ouyang Jianghe and is currently at work on a novel, Witching Vale by Su Wei, a tale of lust and supernatural intrigue during the Cultural Revolution.

Please view attachment for more information.

Tom Scanlon

Associate Professor, Department of Theatre
Director, MFA for Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Hunger is the best spice." - Spike Spiegel in "Cowboy Bebop," written by Keiko Nobumoto