[CW-Grad] Fwd: Call for Submissions

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Wed Nov 3 19:06:39 PDT 2010

Perhaps of interest:

TO: The Department of Creative Writing at the University of California, Riverside.

Greetings from Highway 101!  We’re a chapbook press from California whose forthcoming chapbook—Amy Allara’s Variation—will become available in November, 2010.  Currently, we’re accepting unsolicited manuscripts for the 2010-2011 year.

Below we’ve copied and pasted our call for submissions. Please forward the below call to your listserv or any other appropriate venue.

For more information and a printable Highway 101 flier please visit www.Highway101press.com

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

The 101 Editors

Sarah Suzor and Annie Pentilla

A charm a single charm is doubtful.
If the red is rose and there is a gate surrounding it,
if inside is let in and their places change
then something is upright.
It is earnest.
-Gertrude Stein

I’ve now realized for the first time in my life
the vital importance of being Earnest.
-Oscar Wilde

Dear Dear Writers,
Call for SUBMISSIONS!

Greetings from Highway 101! We are a chapbook press from California whose forthcoming chapbook—Amy Allara’s Variation—will become available in November, 2010. Guess what? It’s time we start looking for something new.

Here at Highway 101 we love the chapbook—and because we just can’t get enough of this beautiful and lively form, we’re looking for a new collection to publish for the 2010-2011 year. We will be accepting unsolicited manuscripts from November 1st, 2010 to January 15th, 2011. We are looking for innovative poetry or prose, hopefully housed in a cohesive manuscript (not necessarily housing a cohesive narrative, mind you, simply housed in a cohesive manuscript).  Collections containing poetry, short prose poetry or short flash fiction should be at least 30 pages in length; manuscripts containing long, continuous prose should be 20 pages in length.  Please include along with your manuscript:

(1) a letter of introduction,
(2) an acknowledgements page and
(3) a cover sheet mentioning your name, the title of your manuscript, your email address, and a secondary form of contact (phone number, address,  etc. )

There are no requirements for publication by Highway 101 (no reading fee, prior publication, etc).

Please note: we are not reading submissions blindly. Pseudonyms are a welcomed alternative (but not required). So, please email all manuscripts to:

Highway101press at gmail.com

We will announce the chosen manuscripts by March 1, 2011. Authors will receive 15 copies, and 101 will be absolutely willing to send out review copies for you if you give us some ideas about where you might want your work considered for review.

Please send only RTF or PDF files, and if we think there is something awkward (via web-transmission) with the formatting in your manuscript, we will query you.

Thank you! We look forward to reading your submissions.

The 101 Editors,

Annie Pentilla and Sarah Suzor.

www.highway101press.com
highway101press at gmail.com

p.s. After receiving your manuscript, Highway 101 will send you a confirmation email notifying you of our receipt. You should receive this email within two weeks of your submission. If the unlikely scenario should occur in which, after two weeks, you have not received confirmation, please contact us via email.  If your contact information should change during our reading period, please email us with your new contact info. Highway 101 is not responsible for tracking you down should you move or change your email address.