[CW-Grad] Hamlet and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are alive and well in Hollywood

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Sun Jan 17 00:31:12 PST 2010

Hi All--

I wanted to let you know about this, because Stu might be too modest to brag about it. I went to see his son Gus's theater company in Hollywood (The Porters of Hellsgate) do Rosencrantz on one night, Hamlet the next. And both performances were among the most enjoyable I've seen of either play, regardless of the fact that this is only a small equity waiver theater.

For Hamlet they are doing nearly the full text of the Arden third edition, three and a half hours. It went by like an hour and half.

You may think I'm being a softy, but just google it and read the reviews. If you're in LA and have a hankering for the Bard or Stoppard, these are the shows to see.

It's at the Flight Theater, 6476 Santa Monica Blvd, for the next three or four weeks.

http://www.myspace.com/theportersofhellsgate

Best,

Robin