[CW-Grad] Opportunity for L.A. Writers: great organization

Brenda Varda bvarda at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 8 08:46:38 PST 2010

Help girls write their way to powerful futures!

WriteGirl is looking for mentors and volunteers for our 9th season of
creative writing workshops and mentoring for teen girls.  WriteGirl welcomes
all women of diverse professional backgrounds to join our energetic
community.  Apply your professional skills, enrich a young woman's life -
and let her enrich yours! Help with events, college support, book marketing,
mentoring, public relations and more.

WHAT IS WRITEGIRL?
Since 2001, WriteGirl has been helping girls discover confidence,
self-esteem, communication skills and the power of their own unique voice.
Through mentoring, writing workshops, public readings, performances, and
publications, WriteGirl teens explore poetry, fiction, journalism,
screenwriting, songwriting and more. Monthly workshops are held near
downtown Los Angeles and weekly workshops take place across the greater Los
Angeles region.

-- For more information, visit  <http://www.writegirl.org/>
www.writegirl.org or call 213-253-2655
-- Download an application from our website. Application deadline extended
to January 10!
-- Our final orientation/training for new volunteers this season will be
held on Saturday, January 16.