[CW-Grad] CRWT 252E: Seats Available

mjayme at ucr.edu mjayme at ucr.edu
Fri Jan 8 13:18:04 PST 2010

Hello All,

Just wanted to send an announcement out that there
are still seats available for my seminar on literary
adolescence this quarter.  We meet on Tuesdays and
Thursdays from 12:30 to 2:00 in HMNSS 1502.  A
description and book list is below.  If you have any
questions, please send me an email.

Best,

Michael Jayme

Creative Writing 252E · Contemporary Literary
Adolescence · Winter 2010

A Course Description: This course will be dedicated
to examination of portrayals of adolescence in
contemporary, character-driven, Western literature.
This exploration will take place through discussion
and analysis of how character and story are revealed
through various points of view, various forms of
narrative, and a variety of writing styles.
Readings may confirm, challenge, and complicate our
expectations of the modern adolescent as the subject
of the story.  Please note that this course will not
examine young-adult or children's literature, though
works from these genres may surface in one form or
another over the course of the quarter.

The Required Texts: This quarter’s book selections
are as follows:

            Natasha: And Other Stories by David
Bezmozgis

            Drown by Junot Diaz