[Cwgrad-announcements] TOMÁS Rivera Flyer conference 09

Ching-In Chen chinginchen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 08:16:07 PDT 2009

FYI,

Ching-In
>From the Fields to the Stars

*April 24th, Friday* – *Free to the public*

*University of California – Riverside*
*CHASS INTERDISCIPLINARY BLDG. # 1020*

*Day Program 8am-4:15pm, Evening Program 6:00-10:00pm*

[image: Ligiah Villalobos]
*Featured Speaker: Ligiah Villallobos. Photo by Jilly Wendell ©*

PLEASE RESIGISTER FOR THE CONFERENCE: LIMITED SEATING

*Escorts will be provided at CHASS INT LAWN at 11:30 to take you to the **Tomás
Rivera Library Special Collections Floor to see the newly acquired Tomás
Rivera Flor y Canto Archives with Photographer Michael Sedano **and at 12:45
to take you to Humanities #1500 for TV and Film Writing Workshops with
Hollywood Screen Writer Ligiah Villalobos**.*

*The conference is funded and coordinated by UCR Tomás Rivera
Endowment/Department of Creative Writing and co-sponsored by UCR Chicano
Student Programs, the Tomás Rivera Library – and Special Collections, CHASS
First, Department of Theatre, Palm Desert Graduate Center, Riverside City
College-Academic Support Program and the Inlandia Institute of Riverside. *

*The Conference was planned with the hard work and creative assistance of
the Tomás Rivera Committee. Many thanks to Creative Writing Department
Chair, Chuck Whitney and Acting Chair, Maurya Simon and faculty and staff,
in particulay, our MSO, Yvonne Howard and Administrative Assistant, Tiffany
Long.  Our MFA Grads and Creative Writing Majors, thank you so much for
serving as assistants and escorts. Photo documentation by Michael J.
Elderman.*

*For their generous support, we thank Mrs. Concha Rivera, Chancellor Tim
White and Dean Cullenberg*.

--
~~~~~
Ching-In Chen