[Cwgrad-announcements] Fwd: Nation piece

cwhitney chuck.whitney at ucr.edu
Sat Jun 13 13:17:39 PDT 2009

Laila Lalami has a very good piece on the UC budget crisis in this
week's issue of The Nation.  Dean Cullenberg circulated it to the
department chairs in his monthly meeting this past Thursday.  About
that meeting:  no definitive word on budget, budget cuts, but I will
do what I can to keep you posted over the summer.

cw

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20090629/lalami

D. Charles (Chuck) Whitney
Office:  Department of Creative Writing, 4159 INTS, UC Riverside,
Riverside CA 92521 / 951.827.6076 FAX 951.827.3619
Home:  6170 Kirk St., Riverside CA 92506 / 951.781.3497