[Cwgrad-announcements] colloquium is on for tomorrow, starting at 6:30!

Ching-In Chen chinginchen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 16:40:42 PDT 2008

Greetings all!

For those incoming who don't know what it is, it's a chance (weekly!) to
hear work from your fellow grad students & to have a conversation about
their work.  It's usually a short 10-minute type presentation with a short
Q&A afterwards.  In the past, usually up to 3 people have been able to share
work in one evening.  People sign up for slots & rotate every week.  It's a
really great way to hear work from students who you might not be in classes
with, or to hear different work, or to even hear work you've seen on the
page read/performed out loud.  It's also a really great way to practice
reading in front of an audience & getting comfortable being up there!

Last year, Brian did a great job of coordinating sign-ups & I believe we've
looking for someone who is willing to volunteer to help coordinate!

Hope to see you tomorrow night!

Ching-In