[Cwgrad-announcements] FW: Special $10 tickets La Loca del Frente (My Tender Matador) at the Frida Kahlo Theater

Brenda Varda bvarda at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 20:46:40 PDT 2008

If you are in Los Angeles  - this is such a great place
.doing boundary land
work.

Special $10 tickets ONLY FOR MAY 9, 10, AND 11

Grupo de Teatro SINERGIA and Grupo de Teatro TA’YER present

LA LOCA DEL FRENTE

(My Tender Matador)

Emails

adapted and directed by Rubén Amavizca-Murúa

from Pedro Lemebel’s novel

Tengo Miedo, Torero

Chile 1986, a transvestite and a student gamble with romance and death in a
plot to assassinate Pinochet.

A farcical political thriller with a difference.

A production of Grupo de Teatro SINERGIA and Grupo de Teatro TA’YER.

English Performances May 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 23, 24, 25 2008

Spanish Performances May 30, 31 and June1st, 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 2008

Fridays and Saturdays at 8 PM; Sundays at 6 PM

Tickets prices are $15 general

Cast

LA LOCA DEL FRENTE (My Tender Matador) will be performed at the FRIDA KAHLO
Theater, 2332 West Fourth Street, Los Angeles, CA 90057.

            For information and reservations call:  213-382-8133. Our
offices are open Tuesday thru Sunday from 1 to 6 PM. fridakahlotheater.org

Theatre and Animation Workshops at the FRIDA KAHLO Theater

Grupo de Teatro SINERGIA

offers Workshops for Children and Adults.

Have you ever wanted to act? Come and be part of our new acting class in
Spanish.

TEATRO PARA ADULTOS (In Spanish)

Every Tuesday from 7 to 9 PM                          Instructor: MINERVA
GARCIA

$100 / 3 months

THEATER FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTH

Children 8 years and older                               Saturdays 10 AM

Instructor: RUBEN GARFIAS                            $60 / 3 months

PHOTOGRAPHY FOR CHILDREN

Call Instructor Rico Obusan 213-639-1572

THE SONY MEDIA ARTS PROGRAM

FREE COMPUTER ANIMATION classes For Children 10 – 14  Instructors: CAL ARTS

every Saturday 11 AM to 2 PM and Wednesdays 4 to 6 PM

ADVANCED SCENE WORKSHOP

Sundays 11 AM – 2 PM

Instructor: Francisco Cali (917) 706-6223

PHOTOGRAPHY

Call Instructor Rico Obusan 213-639-1572

            For information and reservations call:  213-382-8133. Our
offices are open Tuesday thru Sunday from 1 to 6 PM. fridakahlotheater.org

Gracias

Grupo de Teatro SINERGIA

How to get to the FRIDA KAHLO THEATER

2332 West Fourth Street

Los Angeles, CA 90057

213-382-8133

fridakahlotheater.org

>From the 101 Fwy exit Alvarado (to the right if coming from Hollywood, to
the left if coming from Downtown); Right on Third St.; go 2 blocks and make
a left on Grand View; Right on Fourth St., enter the first parking lot

>From the 110 Fwy exit Third St. West, 2 blocks after Alvarado make a left on
Grand View; a right on Fourth Street, enter the first parking lot on your
left-hand side.

The William Reagh Los Angeles Photography Center is operated by Grupo de
Teatro SINERGIA in partnership with the Department of Cultural Affairs City
of Los Angeles. Programming made possible, in part, by grants from
Department of Cultural Affairs City of Los Angeles, and Los Angeles County
Arts Commission, California Arts Council, the National Endowment of the Arts
and the James Irvine Foundation.

* If you have received this email accidentally or wish no to receive
information from our cultural activities, PLEASE LET US KNOW AND WE WILL
ERASE YOUR ADDRESS FROM OUR DATABASE. Thank You For Your Time.