[Cwgrad-announcements] Shakespeare on Film course (THEA/CW 283)

rrussin at ucr.edu rrussin at ucr.edu
Wed Mar 5 11:23:36 PST 2008

Hi again--

Here is a list of the week-by-week topics, films and texts
we'll be looking at (other than clips shown in class). It is
not the full syllabus, but should give you a good idea of what
the class entails.

To be clear: this is not so much a straightforward Shakespeare
seminar, as an examination of how Shakespeare's texts and
story models have been adapted to film.

We'll screen one movie per week, and you'll be responsible to
see the other on your own, as well as any films you'll be
using for your papers. In the last three weeks I'll set aside
time for students to present (and hopefully show clips
relevant to) their papers in class.

Please note that I have NOT ordered the two required texts at
the UCR Bookstore, due to past problems there, and because you
can get them much cheaper on Amazon.

If you know you're going to take the class but do not have or
want an Amazon account, let me know and I will order them for
you and you can pay me back.

Look forward to seeing you there. It should be fun.

Robin

Robin Russin
Assistant Professor
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Ineluctable modality of the visible: at least that if no more, thought through my eyes."

"-- Mrkgnao! the cat cried."

 -- J. Joyce