[Cwgrad-announcements] Bala (MFA)'s film won an Award in Hollywood: THEA_282_001_08W

Robin Russin robin.russin at ucr.edu
Tue Mar 4 11:53:12 PST 2008

Bala, what wonderful news!

When you get back, we'll have to have a screening at UCR.

Robin

On Mar 4, 2008, at 11:47 AM, Bala Subrahmanyam Rajasekharuni wrote:

Dear Robin,

Our screening at the International Family Film Festival,
Hollywood went great - with a full-house, and additional
seats brought in. The audience were very supportive of
the film & enjoyed our work.

Blind Ambition also has won an Award at the festival.
We couldn't believe it when we heard my film's title
and my name in the speakers.

Here is the award description:
It's an "IFFF Spirit Award"
for being "an outstanding family
film with highest artistic merit
and enobling human spirit."

I received a nice glas trophy with
an actual black & white 'out-take'
rolled into it - from the last
feature in b&w.

Thanks a lot for all your support.
I am leaving to India in an hour
to attend the International
Film Fest, Mumbai.

I will stay in touch.
Thanks
Best
Bala.

Robin Russin
Assistant Professor
robin.russin at ucr.edu

"Ineluctable modality of the visible: at least that if no more,
thought through my eyes."

"-- Mrkgnao! the cat cried."

-- J. Joyce